Learn About the Laws That Protect You
Stay tuned for more information about People’s Law School – 2019
East Lansing Hannah Community Center
819 East Abbot Road, East Lansing, MI 48823
Ever wonder what the difference is between circuit courts and district courts? Do you have burning questions about the ever-changing marijuana laws in Michigan (pun intended)? What about the laws that protect you from identity theft?
At People’s Law School, our goal is to educate Michigan residents about the law, help you know your rights, and gain a better understanding of the inner workings of the legal system. This seven-week program is open to the public and connects Lansing-area citizens with local judges, attorneys, professors, and legal experts.
People’s Law School is sponsored by Sinas Dramis Law Firm, Michigan Association for Justice, and Wayne State University. If you have questions, please email Terilynne at Sinas Dramis or call her at 517-394-7500.
2018 Topic and Speaker Lineup
- Overview of Courts – Honorable Andrea Andrews Larkin, Honorable Clinton Canady, Honorable Amy Ronayne Krause, Justice Elizabeth T. Clement
- 45 Years of Chasing the Dragon – Alan T. Rose, retired DEA
- Personal Injury and Auto No-Fault Law – Daniel S. Zick, Attorney at Sinas Dramis Law Firm
- Immigration Law – Hillary Scholten, Attorney at Michigan Immigrant Rights Center
- Labor & Employment Law – Shirlee M. Bobryk, Attorney at White Schneider, P.C.
- Cyber Security & Identity Theft – Professor Adam Candeub, Michigan State University College of Law
- Up In Smoke, Michigan Marijuana Laws – Takura Nyamfukudza, Attorney at Chartier & Nyamfukudza, PLC
People's Law School Testimonials
Very interesting. I could have listened to this topic for several more hours.
Good presentation. The presenter had a good grasp of the topic.
Excellent information - very helpful, enlightening. I would come again and bring relatives and friends.
A good analysis offered without bias.
Excellent program - great speaker!
So very important. Very glad to learn from someone so knowledgeable. Great speaker, could listen to her all day.
Nice to learn from someone with so much experience. I can tell she is a very good teacher. Great speaker.
Good use of cases to deliver the information.
Very good speaker and storyteller.
* Schedule subject to change.
More About People’s Law School
More than 20 years ago, the Sinas Dramis Law Firm began presenting People’s Law School in partnership with the Michigan Association for Justice and the Thomas M. Cooley Law School. The program, held for seven weeks each fall, has helped to educate thousands of Michigan residents about their rights and the legal system.
The faculty for People’s Law School includes justices, judges, elected officials, seasoned attorneys and law professors. The program allows students (the public) an opportunity to engage with and learn from some of the best and brightest minds in the legal profession. The weekly sessions feature speakers who are committed to excellence in their field. Discussions range from practical advice in areas like Michigan auto no-fault law and family law, to discussions of United States Supreme Court rulings and cutting-edge legal topics, like forensic evidence.
The Sinas Dramis Law Firm partnered with Wayne State University Law School in 2014 to bring People’s Law School to mid-Michigan residents.